Monday 21 October 2013

Advance Drawing Figures in Contexts: Trade

October 1, 2013


Seconded Session: Figures in Contexts







Having Laura Morris, a musician that plays the french horn in the Glouster's Orchestra, model for today to learn and observe drawing figures in context. While she practiced her instrument I was suppose to capture every slight movement she made and capture her engaging in her activity. I used water soluble graphite colour tint pencils to allow me to quickly draw the figure as well as add shading to capture the light source. I also varied my use of line to capture light gestures. 


















Since I enjoy drawing musicians, I decided to continue drawing them in my own time.  Looking at some videos that I had recored of musical performances, I used water soluble graphite tint pencils along with watercolour to entrap the wide motions and slight gestures of the musicians playing their variety of instruments. 











No comments:

Post a Comment